Terms and Conditions for artists applying to Bonsall Arts Trail
Bonsall Arts Trail is run by a not-for-profit community group (Bonsall Arts Trail Group). It is an objective of Bonsall Arts Trail Group to run a 2 day rural Arts Trail over April 4th -5th 2020 in the village of Bonsall, Derbyshire.
This document sets out the terms and conditions for artists wishing to participate in Bonsall Arts Trail.
By completing the application process through Curator Space (or any other means where appropriate) the artist applying for the Trail accepts these terms and conditions.
Therefore, it is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure they have read these terms and conditions and understand the conditions under which they are applying and may be accepted for the trail.
Note: Details of the application process can be found in Trail Application Guidance Notes.
Artist / Work Criteria
- The Trail is open to any practicing artists or community arts based groups living in Derbyshire
- All work to be exhibited must be the work of the artist or artists making the application and they must own the intellectual property for the work being exhibited.
- Successful artists will be expected to remain with their work throughout the duration of the Arts Trail or nominate another person to represent them
- Artists will deliver, display and remove their own work from the allocated venues
- The management of the application process is the sole responsibility of Bonsall Arts Trail Group
- The application process for all artists opens on the date and time publicised on the website and Facebook and other Derbyshire based publications. No applications will be considered after the publicised closing date and time
- All applications to exhibit must be made and received within the published time scale each year
- An application will only be deemed completed when the admission fee has been paid and cleared and all required information has been received and checked as being in accordance with Bonsall Arts Group requirements.
- Applicants may be submitted online through Bonsall Arts Trail Group Website (managed by Curator space) or Curator Space directly, or by registered post.
- Applicants are welcomed from applicants who:
Are a Derbyshire based artist wishing to exhibit in their own home or being accommodated by a Bonsall householder
An individual artist
For each artist or group applying for the Trail, the following fees apply:
- A £10 refundable fee is due as part of the application process. This fee will be refunded upon request to applicants who are unsuccessful within 28 working days. Please note that, unfortunately, we will need deduct a 60p processing charge to cover the transaction cost..
- An additional acceptance fee of £40 is payable by an artist or group receiving an offer to exhibit as part of the Trail.
- The fees are:
A fee of £20 plus the £10 application fee is payable by householders or homeowners exhibiting their own work. We define a householder as a person who is normally resistant at the address in which they plan to exhibit
Visiting artists and groups £40 in addition to £10 application fee
Visiting artists exhibiting in a Bonsall Householders property are asked to make an ‘thank you’ donation to the host property owner.
- All fees must be paid by the specified deadline, upon which the application process will be deemed to be complete
- Bonsall Arts Trail Group reserves the right to exclude artists from the selection process of from the Trail in the event of non-payment of the acceptance fee
- Visitors to the Arts Trail will be charged a £5 per adult entrance fee, payable by cash only for the whole 2 day event. Under 18’s will gain free entry. Selected artists and arts groups will receive a free entry sticker. Only one free entry sticker will be issued per application fee paid
Commission on sales
There will be no commission payable to Bonsall Arts Trail Group on sales made by artists or from the sale of refreshments,
- The selection of artwork will be made by Bonsall Arts Trail Group and based upon artistic merit and the need to provide a varied selection of curated work.
- Constructive and supportive feedback will be available to unsuccessful applicants upon request
- Selection decisions of Bonsall Arts Trail Group will be final and not subject to appeal
- Venues will be allocated at the sole discretion of Bonsall Arts Trail Group, however preferences will be considered if a reasonable rationale is offered
Marketing and promotion
As part of the artists inclusion in the Trail, Bonsall Arts Trail Group will market the work of the artist or group through
- Social media
- Arts Trail publications including the Trail Map
- The Arts Trail will only use images submitted as part of the application process to promote the Trail on social media, with the artists or arts group’s permission. Images will not be used for any other purpose or without permission
- The copywrite for all images remains with the artist or group at all times
- Bonsall Arts Trail Group is unable, within legal remit, to accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment that may arise through participation in the Trail or any other involvement. This includes damage to any technical equipment such as computers or mobile phones and non-acceptance to the Trail
- All exhibiting artists being hosted by Bonsall householders will be required to take out their own liability insurance. Artists insurance can be purchased very reasonably from Artists Newsletter: https://www.a-n.co.uk/about/insurance/
- Bonsall Arts Trail Group cannot assume responsibility for any email communications sent by the Group that are not received by applicants for any reason
- All personal details and information held by Bonsall Arts Group, provided by interested parties, exhibiting artists or any other source of contact will not be shared by any third party. Such information will be used only for the purposes of Arts Trail administration
- Where an artist provides website and/ or social media, Bonsall Arts Trail Group may use this information on its website and in related Arts Trail publications
Amendments to Terms and Conditions
- Bonsall Arts Trail Group may be required to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions. Applicants will be notified in advance of the selection process should any substantive changes be necessary